Monday, November 16, 2015

You have to start somewhere

I don't have the layout finished on this new blog yet but before the night is out, I want to post the first post.  This has been a year of being stretched in so many different areas but one of them to pursue my passion.  Several people and blogs have come into my way this year to be a sticky sticker in my behind pushing me uncomfortably closer to facing some new challenges in my life.  I'll share more about them in the days to come but for today, let me say, This is a first step in the latest challenges I've been given - to blog about my passion.

If you asked my friends what my passion is, no doubt you would hear about fiber arts such as knitting or spinning or bobbin lace.  But I also love to draw and paint and cook and garden (this one's new - one of the challenges I've had this year) and think and write.  In short I love to create. I love to be creative, whether it's with fiber or yarn or thread or paint or words.  I love to look at something and discover ten new things it could be used for.  I love to solve problems.  I love to think about things. 

So in the 7-day Blog Challenge set by Live Your Legend, I've decided to blog daily for, not just the next 7 days, but the next year on developing, finding and using creativity in everyday life.  In my life.  I don't believe it's hard to be creative.  It's something that can be learned and honed and discovered in the most unlikely places.  Maybe even in a simple blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment