Tuesday, November 24, 2015

My Seinfeld Moment

First I want to say how much I'm enjoying this new blog. Just taking a few minutes each day to ponder the subject has been reinvigorating to me. In fact, the subconscious pondering leads me to today's post. 

I woke up in the middle of the night and as I shuffled to the facilities, I had an idea for the perfect post. I headed back to bed with a chuckle on my lips and conked out. 

This morning I was left with a vague memory of how perfect the post was and that scene from Seinfeld playing through my head. You know the one where he and George went to California to visit Kramer and we're sharing the hotel room. Jerry had woken up in the night with a joke but couldn't read his own handwriting. And then the maid, Lupe, threw the note away. 

Many writers and creators live with note pads all over the house, including the bedroom (for nighttime inspiration) and bathroom (for shower inspiration). 

So I guess the moral of this story is that an idea can hit at any time. Don't miss it - keep a pad and pen handy but use legible handwriting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment