Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Stumbling Blocks

When you're trying to live a creative life, there are plenty of things that will try to stand in your way. What I'm discovering is that often the most effective stumbling blocks are the ones I put in my own way.  As I attempt to step out in areas of my life, I have every intention of following through.  I can see myself doing that thing but I realize that I'm very good at sabotaging myself.

It's not important to go into details here of why that's happening but I'm realizing that I jolly well better figure out why I'm doing it or I'm not going to be able to fulfill my own dreams and fully spread my wings.

What about you?  Do you have good intentions to accomplish a goal but find yourself falling short? There could be reasons such as needing to increase your skill level or making the right contacts.  But it may be that  you're getting in your own way.

I've decided that this is my year to face my self-sabotage and overcome it so the things I've been dreaming of can find their way to the light of day.  I suspect it's going to be a hard year full of soul searching but if I can find my way, it will all be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment