Monday, February 8, 2016

Speed of change

I saw this image today when I was searching for images to use for a slide that is going to talk about progress made on a project and it resonated with me so much I wanted to share. 


I don't know about you but I get impatient. When I decide to do something, I just want to do it and be done. Unfortunately things don't always work like that. 

Sometimes it takes laying foundations (learning new skills, understanding history, putting things in context) to accomplish goals. 

Sometimes it takes building layer by layer (strengthening relationships, clarifying direction, making adjustments). 

Sometimes it takes time to finish properly to seal the progress so that it stands the test of time and use. 

Those sometimes take time. I have to remember that, even if progress is slow, it's progress. This has become my year of completion. I have a number of projects that have languished or been allowed to fall by the wayside. My goal this year is to break through and complete these projects that, to be honest, aren't going to be earth shattering except to my personal life and self esteem. But that's reason enough to progress, however slowly that might happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment